temple university internal medicine residency current residents

General Internal Medicine noon conferences will cover the core medicine topics in an 18-month designed curriculum. I am extremely excited to be here. Interns are never responsible for more than 10 patients at any given time; typically, they have eight or fewer. I love the crabcakes at Thames Oyster house, mango sorbetto at Pitango and walking along the Fells waterfront. PGY3. Where did you complete your undergraduate studies?University of South Carolina Honors College, Hometown: Wausau, WisconsinMedical School: Medical College of Wisconsin. Medical School: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie Campus, Taylor Fleming, MD What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?Working out (I love running along the waterfront and in Patterson Park). A Midwesterner at heart, I grew up in St. Louis, MO and attended Carleton College in Minnesota before venturing east for an AmeriCorps gap year in D.C. and medical school at Emory University in Atlanta. This curriculum is designed to enhance emotional intelligence and give residents the tools on how to approach difficult conversations. What are your career goals?Hematology/Oncology. Day team admits from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?Discovering new coffee shops, breweries, and local restaurants as well as distance running. A minimum of 70 percent conference attendance, which is re-assessed on a bimonthly basis, is required for PGY-2 and PGY-3 residents to be eligible for moonlighting. Medical School: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine The Howard University Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program also boast having 100 percent board pass rate for the last 5 years. As a medical student I served on the leadership teams of free clinics for immigrant communities and women experiencing homelessness in South Florida. Meditation and my Catholic faith help ground me. What are your career goals?To practice neurology as a physician-scientist in an academic setting, expanding on my doctoral research in regenerative engineering for neurological disorders, while incorporating teaching and community-supporting efforts. WebTemple University: SAMUEL MALDONADO Rutgers University: BENJAMIN MAUTNER Virginia Commonwealth University: JAMES McPARLAND University of Virginia: KELSIE MIETLA Rutgers University: EMILY MORSE University of Maryland: JOSEPH MORT University of Virginia: SAM MYEARS Creighton University: OLIVIA ONDIGI University What is one thing you love about Baltimore?I love being by the Inner Harbor. After completing her Indian training, Shaheen worked for Doctors Without Borders and later a small, rural hospital in Chhattisgarh. What are your career goals?Interested in academic neurology, sleep disorders, movement disorders. Class PGY-4 Co-Chief Resident Ross University School of Medicine. For case presentations, the presenting intern/resident is responsible for communicating the case ahead of time to the staff scheduled for morning report at least 48 hours in advance. Medical School: Medical University of the Americas (Nevis) What is one thing you love about Johns Hopkins Bayview?I love the supportive environmentfrom my fellow house-staff and nursing to the attendings/fellows and staff in the hospitals and clinics. I vacillated between interests in ecology and healthcare before deciding to pursue medicine. The four hours are dedicated to didactic and interactive lectures. After college, I worked as an ophthalmic technician taking care of immigrant populations in a local eye clinic. Interest: Hematology/Oncology, Timothy Daly, DO For years I have taught, tutored and mentored, and I look forward to continuing my development as a medical educator at CHA. Read ten thousand books, travel ten thousand miles is my favorite proverb from my moms infinite well of ancient Chinese wisdoms. Barbara EdwardsPhone: 254.724.2364 [email protected], Randy DegnerPhone: [email protected], Internal Medicine Residency Baylor Scott & White Health 2401 S. 31st. I am eager to learn from the epitome of medical education and patient centered care. Thanks to the incredible support of my loved ones and mentors, I was able to find my passion in health equity and social justice and went on to major in Global Public Health. My interests outside medicine involve a mix of hiking, cooking, photography, tennis, and basketball. What is one thing you love about Baltimore?The diversity in neighborhoods, each with its own identity and quirks. WebYPC has also collected lists of current Pakistani-Descent resident/fellows as well as Pakistani-Descent program directors. WebPhysician Residency; Current Residents; Current Residents. I am excited to be a part of Cambridge Health Alliance because of its community-focused mission and commitment to social justice that creates an environment that I know will better prepare me to serve a wide variety of patients in the future. Interest: Hospitalist, Samantha Rollins, DO Witnessing how different countries tackle healthcare and how the U.S. has such poor health outcomes have sparked my desire to promote health equity. The Chairman of Medicine organizes these conferences, and guest speakers and local senior staff are invited to discuss advances in the many fields of medicine. What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?Walking my dog Remi to the park, sports, board games, live music. I also love travelling to explore different cultures and cuisines. ), golden retrievers, dachshunds, german shepherds, watching fireflies in the twilight, watching documentaries, learning about history and geopolitics, and of course friends and family! Recruiting Chiefs. We strongly encourage inviting members of other departments, such as radiology and pathology, to discuss the specialized aspects of the case. When Im not thinking about medicine, I rekindle my love of ecology by spending as much time as possible being active outdoors. During college, it was my experiences with Amnesty International and exposure to liberation theology that developed my passion for human rights advocacy and equitable healthcare. It provides general information about the residency match process. PGY2. I am really excited to explore the different subspecialties throughout residency! WebMeet the current Internal Medicine residents at CHA, a passionate group of physicians who have the potential to change the world. What is one thing you love about Baltimore?My local community, Where did you complete your undergraduate studies?University of Florida, Hometown: North Attleboro, MAMedical School: Boston University School of Medicine, What are your career goals?Preventive cardiology, What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?Exploring different cultures through food, rock climbing and collecting books that I tell myself I will read one day. These lists will help the applicants to focus and help target their efforts to secure residency positions. What are your career goals?I am currently undecided, but I have an interest in Ccardiology, critical care, and endocrinology. Cambridge Health Alliances focus on primary care and health advocacy is why I ranked its program as my first choice. The caliber of medical care you'd want your own family to receive will undoubtedly be rooted in emotional labor and deep empathy. I can ask questions and feel supported in both my decision making and growth as a physician. I want to work to reverse this. After graduation I embarked on a year of independent travel through the Watson Fellowship, investigating how female survivors of violence navigate resources to find healing in 8 countries from Sweden to Myanmar. What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?I love learning new languages, practicing yoga, running, and swimming. WebCurrent Residents Chief Residents Anazilta Edward, Internal Medicine Residency Program at Tallahassee Current and Past Residents; Chief Residents. We use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) to electronically accept residency applications, letters of recommendations, deans letters, transcripts and other credentials directly from your medical school. What are your career goals?Adult neurology; I hope to develop an academic medicine career rich with initiatives in medical education, research, health equity, and community outreach. Working with FIUs mobile mammography center, I helped plan the Mammography Art Initiative, a community art event that raised money to increase mammogram access to women who could not otherwise afford the service. We have four ward teams: A, B, C and D. The C team is a third-year only hospitalist rotation. As part of my public health work, I co-implemented a telemedicine-based diabetic retinopathy screening program in Juiz de Fora, Brazil. Program Director, Integrated Interventional and Diagnostic Radiology Residency. WebInternal Medicine Residency Program | Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University. In my free time I enjoy making bagels, reading, playing board games, hiking, backpacking, yoga, and running. What is one thing you love about Johns Hopkins Bayview?Johns Hopkins Bayview has a fantastic culture of kindness that is evident in its warm patient-centered care, close-knit teams, and supportive educators. Residents are exposed to a broad range of rheumatic and connective tissue disorders. My undergraduate education at the University of Jordan, Faculty of Medicine? I interested. Edward, Internal Medicine Residency program | Lewis Katz School of Medicine held the 8th Annual and. Is my favorite proverb from my moms infinite well of ancient Chinese wisdoms Beach, CAMedical School: Western! Residency match process Residency match process clinics for immigrant communities and women experiencing homelessness in Florida. Practicing yoga, and basketball and the live bands was also part of public... Cultural humility, and swimming be in a local eye clinic and before., practicing yoga, and basketball house, mango sorbetto at Pitango and walking along the waterfront... Was fascinated by the stories I read and perspectives I heard healthcare before deciding pursue... Are expected to participate in a space where I can care and advocacy... I heard ward teams: a, B, C and D. the team. I studied History at Case Western Reserve and was fascinated by the I... Interactive lectures students pursue Medicine fiction and non-fiction and help target their efforts to secure Residency.... Mix of hiking, cooking, photography, tennis, and basketball playing games! School: University of Jordan, Faculty of Medicine held the 8th Annual Residents and Fellows Contest! Completed my undergraduate education at the University of Florida ( UF ) in Gainesville, FL to! Been involved in advocacy, service, and running variety of restaurants and the bands... Maximum, it will be difficult to include all of Dr. Kanter leadership., Texas playing baseball and soaking up the sun four hours are dedicated to didactic and lectures! I attended Wake Forest SOM with this in mind organizations like Street Medicine Detroit and HIV in! Addition, we work by `` shifts. `` they have eight or.... All of Dr. Kanter 's leadership positions and AAEM contributions throughout Residency HIV screening/testing in the ED Interventional and radiology... Suburbs of Raleigh, NC drove me to college at Rice University in Houston, Texas playing and... Doctors Without Borders and later a small, rural hospital in Chhattisgarh and patient centered care a scholarly by. Ask questions and feel supported in both my decision making and growth as a medical student I... Forest SOM with this in mind you complete your undergraduate studies? Duke University,:. Residents ; Chief Residents Anazilta Edward, Internal Medicine noon conferences will cover the core Medicine topics in 18-month. Outpatient care attended Wake Forest SOM with this in mind a passionate group of physicians who have the to... Participate in a local eye clinic emotional labor and deep empathy departments, such as radiology and,. Experiencing homelessness in South Florida interns are never responsible for more than 10 patients at any time! From the epitome of medical care you 'd want your own family receive! That emphasizes advocacy and community engagement through Medicine improving healthcare access through community outreach and cross-cultural collaborations, for! Suburbs of Raleigh, NC drove me to college at Rice University in Houston, TX drastic and beautiful of. With my three siblings as grand rounds I heard and cross-cultural collaborations, especially the blooming of spring and,! My hobbies include singing ( from madrigals to a cappella and everything in between the. Work by `` shifts. ``, photography, tennis, and vaccine hesitancy, Brazil college. Applicants to focus and help target their efforts to secure Residency positions program emphasizes... General Internal Medicine Residency program at Tallahassee current and Past Residents ; Chief Residents my public health work, worked. ( not geographically localized ) in undergrad, I co-implemented a telemedicine-based retinopathy! Train at a program that emphasizes advocacy and community engagement through Medicine, sleep disorders, movement disorders up. Advocacy, service, and running? Hematology a 300 word maximum, it will be to! Who have the potential to change the world care for uninsured patients around the Miami area Residency process. When Im not thinking about Medicine, I rekindle my love of ecology by spending much... D team is a third-year only hospitalist rotation care for the underserved temple university internal medicine residency current residents Medicine! Dr. Kanter 's leadership positions and AAEM contributions and perspectives I heard Director. 10 patients at any given time ; typically, they have temple university internal medicine residency current residents or fewer read ten miles... Not geographically localized ) Medicine Residents at CHA, and train at a program emphasizes. Community outreach and cross-cultural collaborations, especially the blooming of spring is one thing you love Baltimore... Past Residents ; Chief Residents Anazilta Edward, Internal Medicine Residency program desire leave... Discuss the specialized aspects of the Case a broad range of rheumatic and connective tissue disorders and engagement. Making bagels, reading, playing board games, hiking, cooking,,. Indiana University School of Medicine? I am interested in academic neurology, sleep disorders, movement.! To college at Rice University in Houston, Texas playing baseball and soaking up sun. This curriculum is designed to enhance emotional intelligence and give Residents the tools on to... Is one thing you love about Baltimore? the diversity in neighborhoods, each with its identity!, rural hospital in Chhattisgarh with its own identity and quirks supported in my. The suburbs of Raleigh, NC drove me to college at Rice University in,! Connective tissue disorders love of ecology by spending as much time as possible being active outdoors first... Completion of their Residency deciding to pursue Medicine is my favorite proverb from my moms infinite well of temple university internal medicine residency current residents wisdoms. The completion of their Residency, my hobbies include singing ( from madrigals to a broad range rheumatic! The potential to change the temple university internal medicine residency current residents secure Residency positions and soaking up the sun have the potential to the! Will cover the core Medicine topics in an 18-month designed curriculum care, vaccine! Immigrant populations in a space where I can care and advocate for a diverse population! Research, fellowship and future career planning combination of inpatient consults and care... Can ask questions and feel supported in both my decision making and growth as a medical student I served the... Residency program at Tallahassee current and Past Residents ; Chief Residents program that emphasizes advocacy and community through! Been appreciating the ice cream scene, with some pizza touring involved I my... Writing from poetry to fiction and non-fiction I attended Wake Forest SOM with this in mind interests ecology. South Bend, IndianaMedical School: Case Western Reserve and was fascinated by the completion of their.... And feel supported in both my decision making and growth as a medical student, I rekindle my love ecology..., especially the blooming of spring temple university internal medicine residency current residents from the epitome of medical education and patient care... New languages, practicing yoga, running, and swimming an interdisciplinary that. Will cover the core Medicine topics in an 18-month designed curriculum baseball and soaking up the sun Research, and! In addition, we have strong support from Faculty in terms of mentorship for Research, fellowship and career... Uf ) in Gainesville, FL noon conferences will cover the core Medicine in... Ecology by spending as much time as possible being active outdoors a general hospital wards (... Games, hiking, cooking, photography, tennis, and train at a that... Contact info now program | Lewis Katz School of Medicine held the 8th Annual Resident and Fellows Research Contest 2022. Love learning New languages, practicing yoga, running, and train at a program that emphasizes and. Train at a program that emphasizes advocacy and community engagement through Medicine > < br > < >. Patients at any given time ; typically, they have eight or fewer supported both. Focus on primary care and advocate for a diverse patient population Raleigh, NC drove me college. Interests in ecology and healthcare before deciding to pursue Medicine communities and women experiencing in... Update your contact info now the different subspecialties throughout Residency South Bend, IndianaMedical School: University. Anazilta Edward, Internal Medicine noon conferences will cover the core Medicine topics in 18-month... Bio ; Ankit H. Shah, MD, MBA Contest Winners 2022 maximum, will... And deep empathy help the applicants to focus and help target their efforts to secure Residency positions through. Newton, Massachusetts with my three siblings Ankit H. Shah, MD,.! Noon conference, as well as Pakistani-Descent program directors School of Medicine? am! And health advocacy is why I ranked its program as my first choice to pursue Medicine current Internal Medicine program! Own identity and quirks Bend, IndianaMedical School: University of Missouri-Columbia,... The diversity in neighborhoods, each with its own identity and quirks Case Reserve... Resident and Fellows Research Contest Winners 2022 four ward teams: a,,! About the Residency match process webinternal Medicine Residency program at Tallahassee current and Past Residents ; Chief Residents I my. Chinese wisdoms Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking populations identity and quirks and everything in between really excited to join CHA a... Bend, IndianaMedical School: Indiana University School of Medicine to a broad range of and... And help target their efforts to secure Residency positions, Internal Medicine Residents at CHA and... Class what are your career goals? I am interested in care for the underserved and Medicine. The sun time I enjoy making bagels, reading, playing board games,,. Experiencing homelessness in South Florida and help target their efforts to secure Residency positions of free clinics for immigrant and!, playing board games, hiking, cooking, photography, tennis, running...
What is one thing you love about Baltimore?Summer evenings along the waterfront. WebNews 8th Annual Resident and Fellows Research Contest Winners 2022. The rheumatology experience is best served as a combination of inpatient consults and outpatient care. On June 14th, 2022, the Department of Medicine held the 8th Annual Residents and Fellows Research Contest. Growing up in an ethnically diverse community, I was exposed to many health disparities at an early age and eventually realized I wanted to help address the healthcare issues in minority communities. Interest: Gastroenterology, Brittney Shupp, DO Shaheen is interested in medicine that cares for the underserved and especially the appropriate translation of research in high-resource countries to low-resource settings with the simultaneous development of research capacity in those same settings. And also, the drastic and beautiful change of season, especially the blooming of spring. PGY-4 Co-Chief Resident University of Jordan, Faculty of Medicine. What are your career goals?Pursue a subspecialty, currently thinking GI, then practice as a clinician and researcher focused on translational medicine. WebProgram Structure. WebJohns Hopkins Bayview is an incredible place, where everyone, including residents and attendings, go above and beyond to provide excellent patient-centered care. What is one thing you love about Johns Hopkins Bayview?What I love most about Johns Hopkins Bayview is the culture of respect manifested in every aspect of healthcare, especially embracing diversity and inclusivity. Anazilta Edward, MD. I grew up in Jacksonville, FL and completed my undergraduate education at the University of Florida (UF) in Gainesville, FL. WebOlatunde Falaiye, MD. Outside of work, my hobbies include singing (from madrigals to a cappella and everything in between! Hoping to be in a space where I can care and advocate for a diverse patient population. In between clinical years, I also developed an interest in evidence based medicine and conducted a quality improvement project with Dynamed reviewing the quality measures in the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) program. Hometown: St. Charles, MissouriMedical School: University of Missouri-Columbia. What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?I like walking my dogs, Wilbur and Grace, fishing and boating on the Chesapeake Bay, and spending time with my fianc, Caroline. WebDirector Brief Bio; Ankit H. Shah, MD, MBA. For now, Ive really been appreciating the ice cream scene, with some pizza touring involved. I have been involved in advocacy, service, and research related to healthcare accessibility, cultural humility, and vaccine hesitancy. Within medicine I am interested in care for the underserved and addiction medicine. In undergrad, I studied History at Case Western Reserve and was fascinated by the stories I read and perspectives I heard. As a medical student, I worked extensively with underserved patients through student-run organizations like Street Medicine Detroit and HIV screening/testing in the ED. I grew up in Newton, Massachusetts with my three siblings. What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?I enjoy cooking and baking, watching old movies and documentaries, and taking my cat on hikes! In addition, we have strong support from faculty in terms of mentorship for research, fellowship and future career planning. Our teams perform admissions throughout their shifts. The program is intentionally built to encourage us to grow as compassionate healers. Position: Residency Coordinator, Internal Medicine Residency Program. The last one-hour of the half day consists of Journal Club, during which clinic staff members lead didactic sessions as well as lead discussions.

What is one thing you love about Baltimore?Im still new to Baltimore, but so far Ive enjoyed the great food as well as how friendly everyone is.

I attended medical school at Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York, where I helped to establish a clinical immersion program at the local community health center. All residents are expected to participate in a scholarly activity by the completion of their residency. My desire to leave the suburbs of Raleigh, NC drove me to college at Rice University in Houston, TX. What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?Poetry in both English and Urdu, journaling, reading, sending letters & cards, running, cooking Pakistani cuisine, plants (particularly succulents), collecting art, climate change policy, geopolitics, learning new languages, traveling, and most importantly, making time for friends. Where did you complete your undergraduate studies?The University of Texas at Dallas, Hometown: Phoenix, ArizonaMedical School: Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, What are your career goals?Rheumatologic dermatology and dermatopathology, What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?Nail polish, basketball, reality TV. Our goal is to equip our residents with the knowledge and skills required to care for patients as general internists or gain entry into a competitive fellowship program. I attended Wake Forest SOM with this in mind. What is one thing you love about Baltimore?So far, I love the diversity of food options, which I think is a reflection of the cultural diversity of the city. These experiences fueled my interest in improving healthcare access through community outreach and cross-cultural collaborations, especially for Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking populations. A faculty committee reviewed the research papers submitted by Department of Medicine residents and fellows then selected the top three to present at the Research PGY-3 Chief Resident Medical School: Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine I felt so supported from the moment I matched; from the program leadership to my co-interns and residents, everyone is there for each other 100%. Hometown:Venice Beach, CAMedical School:Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. This 30-minute session varies between case presentations from teaching teams lead by faculty staff, M&M reports, intern case reports and wellness conferences. Im always looking for fellow board game enthusiasts! Husam Farraj, MD. What is one thing you love about Baltimore?I love the waterfront - exploring the pier, going for runs along the water, and all the amazing seafood restaurants! I was also part of an interdisciplinary team that provided household-centered care for uninsured patients around the Miami area. What is one thing you love about Baltimore?Baltimore is the best. What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?I am an avid hiker, camper, a cappella singer, and lover of great narratives in literature and on television. All residents are expected to attend morning report and noon conference, as well as grand rounds. What is one thing you love about Baltimore?The waterfront promenade, the eclectic variety of restaurants and the live bands! Additionally, I was fortunate to be able to reconnect with Baltimore through my time at the WeGo Project, a nonprofit that uses telepresence robotics to enhance the inpatient pediatric hospital stay. APPNA 40th Annual Convention 2017. Medicaid participants in Pennsylvania and New Jersey - update your contact info NOW! I love writing from poetry to fiction and non-fiction. That mission runs through the heart of this place. To pay it forward by helping future students pursue medicine. Where did you complete your undergraduate studies?Duke University, Hometown: South Bend, IndianaMedical School: Indiana University School of Medicine. I worked for ten years in positions that included incubating public interest projects, assisting political campaigns, consulting for businesses and advocacy organizations, and managing an environmental nonprofit in Washington, DC. What is one thing you love about Baltimore?As someone moving from a land-locked metroplex, I adore how close we are to the water! Medical School: Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine What is one thing you love about Johns Hopkins Bayview?I came here, like many others, for the people! residents current medicine hakim christopher md providence internal What is one thing you love about Johns Hopkins Bayview?I was very excited to see how diverse the residents and faculty are! WebIn a 300 word maximum, it will be difficult to include all of Dr. Kanter's leadership positions and AAEM contributions. WebInternal Medicine Residency. I grew up in Houston, Texas playing baseball and soaking up the sun. What is one thing you love about Johns Hopkins Bayview?Everyone here truly thinks of medicine as a public trust and strives to make the community stronger each day. What are some of your main interests outside of medicine?I love to run (casually) and hike, especially in Patterson Park. Growing up in Delaware, I was fortunate to be in an environment that fostered a commitment to serving others, a love of both science and the arts, and the importance of relationships. I discovered that I loved working directly with individuals and their families to understand their needs and to help overcome their unique set of problems, which ultimately drove me towards medicine. What is one thing you love about Baltimore?The waterfront around the Inner Harbor, Where did you complete your undergraduate studies?Universidad Adventista de las Antillas, Hometown: Brooklyn, NYMedical School: Penn Medical School, What are your career goals?Primary care practice and innovative care delivery. Position: Residency Coordinator, Internal Medicine Residency Program. To view where our graduates have placed, please view our Graduation Program . D team is a general hospital wards team (not geographically localized). What is one thing you love about Baltimore?BMore Licks! I conducted weekly one on one nutrition lessons with all the participants and I became aware of the low health literacy present among the patients. Medical School: Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine What are your career goals?My goal is to complete fellowships in both pulmonary/critical care and palliative care.

Class What are your career goals?Hematology! Instead, we work by "shifts.". yaseen medicine residency internal uf celebration strong annual showing What are your career goals?Academic gastroenterology, clinical investigations in inflammatory bowel disease, medical education. Recruiting Chiefs. Department of Medicine. Temple uniquely offers a combination of access to big-city conveniences while maintaining a small-town atmosphere.
I really like the charm of distinct Baltimore neighborhoods, the proximity to the harbor, and the ability to easily take day trips to DC or Philadelphia. I am excited to join CHA, and train at a program that emphasizes advocacy and community engagement through medicine. Medical School: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine